EAD cards for H-4 holders

The DHS issued a press release yesterday announcing a new proposed rule which would allow certain H-4 holders to obtain an EAD card.  In essence, the proposed rule will allow H-4 spouses to be issued EAD cards when the principal H-1 holder has an I-140 approved or is 7th year extension eligible under AC21. The rule is not in effect now but, will go through the formal rule-making process which can often take many months. We will update you after the proposed rule is published.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *